Monday, January 21, 2008

7 Steps to Survive a Break-up or Divorce

If your relationship has ended and you are struggling through the normal stages of “letting go” read , “The 7 Steps to Survive a Break-up or Divorce” and you will be on your way to a more fulfilling life.

“The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” - Lao Tzu

Are you struggling with letting go of a past love? We all know how painful it can be when walking away from a relationship. You may be dealing with feelings that can be overwhelming and at times you need a bit of guidance to help keep you on track. As difficult as it may be right now, keep in mind that your feelings are normal and simply part of a process that you will get beyond.

Follow these 7 steps in healing a broken heart and you will begin
the process of letting go and moving on.

1. ACCEPTANCE: Until you face reality, you won’t begin to let go. Accepting that your relationship is over is the first step in putting the past behind you.

2. MAKE A CLEAN BREAK: None of this on-again-off-again stuff. You will only prolong the inevitable.

3. IT’S OKAY TO GRIEVE: Don’t feel bad for feeling bad. You are going through a very normal process that you will get beyond. Just give yourself some time.

4. FOCUS ON YOURSELF: Indulge yourself. Pamper yourself. Do the things that make you feel good again. You are going through a tough time right now, so be good to yourself. Loving yourself is the best gift you can give yourself.

5. IMPROVE YOURSELF: This is an opportunity to begin a journey into self-discovery. Getting your self-esteem back on track is key to your recovery. Discover what you want from life and go after it.

6. LEARN TO FORGIVE: Forgiving frees you from the chains of the past and allows you to let go of anger and resentment. If you choose not to forgive the only person you hurt is yourself.

7. MOVE ON: The end is just the beginning! Learn from your mistakes and pick up the pieces so you can move on and go after the kind of life and relationship you deserve.

The sooner you take action and do what is good for you, the sooner you will be moving toward the kind of life and relationship you really want.
Find the courage to pull yourself out of this funk. Take charge of your life and you will find that there actually is life after What’s-His-Name! You just have to make the decision so you can move on.

Take little steps each day and you will be amazed that you are starting
to feel better. Lean on your friends and remember, time really does heal all wounds.

About Author

Read more about it at: http://www.whystay.com Susan Russo is the President of Pinnacle Thought Inc. Publisher for books and resources which provide inspiration, self-empowerment and the tools and strategies to help move you toward personal success and fulfillment. She is editor of “You’ve Got Power” Ezine. Author of “There Is Life After What’s-His-Name” and “The 7 Keys To Unlock The Power Within You” found at: http://www.susanrusso.com
Copyright 2006 Pinnacle Thought Inc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother suggested I might like this blog. He was entirely
right. This post truly made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info!
Thanks!

My web site ... diets that work
my site :: safe Diets

Unknown said...

I suspected my wife of cheating on me but I never had any proof. This went on for months, I didn't know what to do. i was so paranoid and decided to find a solution, i saw a recommendation about a private investigator and decided to contact him. I explained the situation about my wife to him and he said he was going to help me.I gave him all the informations he required and afterwards i received all my wife’s phones Text messages and calls, I was hurt when i saw a picture of my wife and her lover. I feel so bad about infidelity. but i am glad Mr james was able to help me get all this information, you can contact him via email(worldcyberhackers@gmail.com)